This procedure is for accounting of Journal Voucher
- Prepare Journal Voucher in as usual format.
- Select the session Maintain Transaction.
- Insert Group Key
- Put the transaction entry date i.e. current date
- Fiscal year will be current fiscal year.
- System will generate the new batch number. Put specific remark in the reference field, the nature of transaction and your initial for easily identification of batch.
- Fiscal period, Reporting Period, Tax Period will come as default, which will be depends up on the transaction entry date.
- Insert the record and select the following transaction type as required.
- JML Journal Voucher Multi Line
- JSL Journal Voucher Single Line
- JSM Journal Voucher Summarized
- Save and select the transaction type and click the option Transaction (right side of the screen). Some times this option will not be displayed on the screen, then go to special and select the transaction option.
- Put the first free series and enter the document date. This will be your voucher date.
- Select the ledger accounts and dimension code as per your requirement.
- After completing all the transaction the remaining balance amount will be ZERO.
As per the instruction every user is creating a new batch every day & also at the time of posting of integrated transactions new batch is created. There are some of the reports listed below, which are available to us only after the batches are finalized.
The finalization of batches is absolutely necessary in order to get the exact amount from Ledger, Dimension history & Trial balance. During the finalization process the transaction are copied to another transaction file so that they cannot be changed any more. The ledger & dimension history is then finally closed.
Discipline to be followed at the time of finalizing the batches.
- Batch should not contain any error.
- Concern responsible person checks all transactions in that batch with the help of using session “Print non-finalized transactions”.
- Another user is not using batch.
- Transaction type wise finalization of batches should be done.
Procedure to be followed for finalizing of batches.
Use session “Select Batches for Finalization” press insert from Tool bar – enter the year – press tab key- system generates the “Finalization Run Number”- press “Select” key. Session “Select batches for finalization” will appear where in batches can be seen serially. Select the batches for finalization form column select by changing the status from “YES” to “NO”. As soon as the batches are selected for finalization the finalization run number will appear in that column. Then press save key & press “Finalize” button. System will ask for the device. Transactions can be printed as well as seen on the screen. If any error is there then system will give error report or just give a normal journal entry report. If no error is found the status of that batch will become “Finalized successfully” other wise batch will not be finalized.
In case if the batch is not being selected for finalization by the system then check the following things.
- Batch status should be ready.
- If batch status is “in-use” – use session “Invoke background process” to make that batch “Free” or “Ready”.
- Refer session “Display Error Log” where in you can see the details of error with the reason. To rectify these go to that particular batch & open those documents & rectify the same.
Sales Credit Notes Transactions.
This procedure is for maintaining sales credit notes & further to link it to invoices.
- “Maintain Transactions” For maintaining credit note in the system select appropriate transaction type save it, mark the same & press button Transactions to pop up the session “Maintain Sales Invoices” (transaction category “Sales Credit Note”). Enter customer code, and reference correctly. In the field “Amount” enter the full amount which is to be credited to customer’s account. Select the original invoice in the field “Original Invoice” in case it is available. Then save the document, document no will be generated by system & next session will pop up.
In this session “Maintain Sales Invoice Transaction” General Ledger Account no for debiting sales, excise & sales tax is to be given separately in the field “Ledger Account” & also the dimensions. Here system will generate the 3 line nos. for that document i.e. 1 for sales, 2 for excise, 3 for sales tax. Etc.
- “Display Customer’s Sales Invoices” This session will show the details of open items as well as the details of fully paid invoices. This is possible by using various sub-sessions attached to this session. Open credit found in this session can be linked to invoices.
- For linking credit notes to invoices open session “Maintain Transaction” select transaction type save it, select it & press button Transactions to pop up session “Assign Credit Notes to Invoices”. This session will show you customer wise credit note. Select any credit note (which is to be linked to invoices) & session “Assign Credit Notes to Invoices” will pop up automatically. This session will show you all the open invoices of that customer. Enter the amount to be linked in the field “Linked Amount” & press the button “Assign”. Session “Maintain Document Numbers” will pop up. Enter the document series press tab key & come out of the session. Original session “Assign Credit Note to Invoices” will pop up where the balance of credit note will be shown (it may be Zero or the balance after the appropriate amount is assigned). Here the linking of credit notes to invoices activity is over.
Transaction Origin – Purchase
Financial Transaction – Receipt and Result
After approval stage of the received material & Process Delivered Purchase Orders is executed, the Purchase Transactions are entered into Finance. Initially the status of the Order entered in Finance is “Un-Posted“, which should change to “Posted” after running of the Session “Post Integration Transaction to Finance”.
POSTING ACTIVITY OF INTEGRATION TRANSACTIONS.
Every purchase order which is transacted in logistics, gets displayed in Finance. The initial status of the transaction will be “Un-Posted” which may be converted to “Erroneous“, if there are any problem with the posting of transaction. However otherwise, the status of transaction should ultimately get “Posted” from “Un-Posted”
Reasons of Transaction with Erroneous status Corrective Steps
v Ledger accounts are not defined Set the ledger accounts
v Item Group not linked against the ledger accounts Link the item group
Post the integration transaction to finance transactions
The Un-Posted integration transactions shall be posted to finance after completing this activity. While doing this activity following points should be taken into consideration.
- Company number shuld be specific
- Transaction origin – from — Purchase to– Purchase
- Financial Transaction – from — Receipt to– Result
- Transaction date – from – to Date –
- Log date – from – to Date