Stage payments enable customers to pay suppliers before or after the ordered goods are actually received for a purchase order. The payments are spread over a period of time and the amounts must be paid to the supplier on specific dates. The purchase order item’s invoice flow is separated from its goods flow.
The stage payments can include the dates and events for which the supplier must complete specific tasks before receipt of any goods.
Master Data Setup
Before you can use supplier stage payments, you must select the Supplier Stage Payments check box in the Implemented Software Components (tccom0500m000) details session
Supplier Stage Payments Procedure
1) Creating stage payment lines
2) Releasing stage payment lines
3) Invoicing stage payment lines
4) Processing stage payment lines
5) Deleting stage payment lines
Retroactive Billing allows you to change billing amounts retroactively in the event of a price renegotiation with the Customers.
Retroactive Billing is a common business process in some industries, especially the automotive industry, whereby a customer requests changes to the amounts charged on already invoiced orders and receives credits or additional invoices.
For giving credits to the customer, one would need to create a credit memo or if customer requests for additional invoices, then one would need to create Retro Billed Sales Order.
Below is the process to generate retro billed sales order
1) Generate Price Change Advices
2) Approve the Price Change advices
3) Generate Retrobilled Sales Order
4) Follow the standard invoicing procedure to invoice the retrobilled sales order for the price difference.