We just completed new installation of Baan. How do we go about Validating the Software so that it is ready to use. Well we have to follow the following steps.
Once you are through with the new installation, you will see a message “Please validate your software, it will expire in 14 days.” Before you can proceed, you will need a “license code report”.
Once you have this report, to begin the process, login to your computer system as user “bsp.
1) Open Baan IV Application and go to ‘BAAN IV Tools’, then the ‘Software Installation’ menu, and run ‘Maintain Requested System Configuration’ (choice # 1).
When asked to provide a password, type “Yi984”.
2) You will see at least one commercial function (tt t103). You will have to match this/these commercial function(s) with the license code report you received; i.e. you have to fill out the fields ‘Runable’, ‘From Date’ and ‘End Date’, using the license code report.
3) If this commercial function is not listed on your license code report, please fill in ‘No’ at the ‘Runable’ field.
4) Development Tools users must be purchased before this function can be ‘runable’.
5) If the commercial function Internal Tools is listed with Development Tools, please leave this function as ‘not runable’.
6) Once you are done, you can exit out of this session, by typing ‘E’ at the choice field.
1)Once back at the ‘Software Installation’ menu, please execute the session ‘Maintain Requested System Configuration (Tools)’.
2) When asked to provide a password, type “Yi984”.
3) Once you have filled in the ‘Package’ field by typing [S] to select “tt”; press “tab” to get to ‘From Date’ and ‘End Date’ fields, entering the information found on the License Code report. Next, you have to fill out the remainder of the fields. Please enter your user-license as shown on the License Code Report, for both the ‘ASCII User Interface’ as well as the ‘Windows Interface’ fields. Type ‘Yes’ in the “runable” fields according to what you see on the License Code Report.
4)Please note the difference in the date format : the License Code Report shows the dates in the ‘DD/MM/YY’ format, but your system may only accept dates in the ‘DDMMYY’ format (in other words, no “/”). Check the bottom of your screen, or use the “Tools|Calendar” option to determine format.
5)Once you are done with all of the commercial functions for the Tools, you can exit out of this session, by typing ‘E’ at the choice field.
1)Once back at the ‘Software Installation’ menu, please execute the session ‘Print Requested System Configuration’(choice #3).
2)When asked to provide a password, type “Yi984”.
3)Now please enter the ‘Customer Code’, ‘License Code’, ‘Sequence Number’ and the ‘Organization Name’ as shown on the License Code Report into your system, in the corresponding fields.
4) Now press ‘Y’ at the choice field to print the Security Key. You may choose either print (for faxing) or a display (for e-mailing) format.
5) After double-checking the output to ensure that the Security Code was generated, please send the output to (fax) 616-284-6706 or (e-mail) firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your contact information.
1)You will receive one new Validation Key in return.
2)Log into Baan as user “bsp”. After double-checking ‘Maintain Requested System Configuration’ and ‘Maintain Requested System Configuration (Tools)’ for any possible changes in information, please execute the session ‘Maintain Security Code / Validation Key’ and verify that all information is accurate according to the Validation Key.
3) When asked to provide a password, type “Yi984”.
4)Please enter the Validation Keys into your system in the corresponding fields. Make sure not to change any of the information shown on any fields other than the Validation Key fields.
5) Make sure not to make any mistake while typing these numbers. If you happen to make a mistake, you must start over again, by typing both keys from the beginning. DO NOT USE THE BACKSPACE KEY! Backspace is read as a character.
You can exit out of this session, by typing ‘E’ at the choice field.
1) Once at the ‘Software Installation’ menu, please exit all the way out of Baan IV and login as user “root”. Make sure the ‘BSE’, ‘BSE_TMP’, and ‘PATH’ environment variables are set/pointing to the correct environment. (Type the “env” command to check.) Now start Baan IV by typing ‘ba6.1’ and go to the ‘Baan IV Tools’ , then ‘Software Installation”.
2)Now execute the session ‘Validate Tools Set’ .
3)Please type “Y” to proceed. The system will now create the ‘brand’ file. If this session finishes successfully, it will show a message : ‘Warning : never copy, move or delete the file(s) in the directory ./brand. This will invalidate your software.”
3) Once this session has finished successfully, please exit out of this session, by typing ‘E’ at the choice field.
4) Exit all the way out of Baan IV, and start the license daemon by typing the command ‘licd6.1’ at the UNIX prompt.
1) Exit all the way out of Baan, and login as user “bsp”. Please start Baan IV by typing ‘ba6.1’ at the UNIX prompt. Then go to “Baan IV Tools” and then the “Software Installation” menu. Next, go to “Validation”, and finally ‘Configure Application’.
2) Execute the session by typing “Y” at the choice field. This process will take several minutes, depending on your hardware.
3) After this session has finished successfully, you can exit all the way out of Baan IV,
after which the validation process will have been completed.